Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cartoon

Saturday mornings held a lot of memories, memories of waking up at seven in the morning just to sit in front of the television for hours watching cartoons. Even as I grew older, I continued with the early mornings, rewatching everything I'd seen from the age of three.
When I turned thirteen, those memories stopped. Why? Because I thought that as a teenager, I was too old to watch cartoons anymore. I regret this decision. It was a stupid mistake, but I cannot find it in myself to take back what I said, and go join my family. I have far too much pride in me for that.
So instead, I'll sit here in the kitchen where I can hear the tv, but no longer see the moving pictures that I used to love as a child.


NOTE:
Some small word prompts I wrote in 2010. Several more to follow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment