Sunday, June 15, 2014

Ostrich

We never learn about them in school, and they are hardly mentioned on tv, but in my house, we've got a really old picture hanging above the mantle. It's a family member from the 1820s of someone on my mother's side wearing a hat with ostrich feathers, and a young girl clinging to her arm. Then there was my great grandpa who lived in Florida who had an ostrich drawn cart. I wish I had more then just a photo of that.
Papa used to own a farm too, but he sold it after just a few years because Nana didn't like them. That was before even my dad was born, and even he used to say that he was disappointed that Nana disliked the farm.
Would it be strange if I said that I was one day going to have my own ostrich farm? I promised Papa, and my dad that I would. Nana will be frowning on me from Heaven, or at least that's what Leah, my big sister says. She follows Nana's rules to a T.
But back to my dream. It's strange to say the least, most kids my age wanna be actors, or singers, but I'm the only one who does. At least Teddy agrees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment